We have released our special report on the Dublin 8 residential sales market based on data from our transactions in 2022. It was a year where Dublin 8 had the fastest selling times and the highest % variance between asking prices and selling prices when compared with Dublin 4 and 6.
In the first six months of last year it was very much a seller’s market in Dublin 8, with low supply, low interest rates, a strong economy, and pent-up demand from motivated buyers.
In the second half of the year, price inflation cooled somewhat due to increased supply and rising rates, but demand stayed robust for houses in turn-key condition, especially period homes along the South Circular Road.
Key stats from our 2022 data:
- Our average selling price in Dublin 8 was €709,286 /€599 per sq. ft.
- Average selling prices were 9.4% over asking, compared to +4.6% across our sales in other Dublin postcodes.
- 81% of our properties were sold above the asking price, compared to 68% in other key markets.
- 78% of our owner occupier buyers were first-time buyers.
- 38% of buyers required no mortgage funding.
- Only 14% of our buyers were investors, and 55% of our sellers were landlords exiting.