Q4 was a very busy quarter with motivated buyers looking to close before the end of the year. Demand was strongest for properties priced up to €450,000 where first-time buyers were most active and for houses in turn-key condition. Despite a slowdown in price inflation, selling prices were still 5% above asking prices. Our data also confirms that the crisis in the Dublin rental market continues with the exodus of private landlords accelerating, accounting for half of our sellers.
Our transactional data showed the following trends:
- Average selling prices were 5% above asking prices.
- 73% of our owner occupier buyers were first time buyers.
- Our average selling price was €635,559 or €652 per sq. ft.
- 35% of our buyers required no mortgage funding, compared to 49% in Q3.
- Investor accounted for only 24% of our buyers compared to 34% for the same period last year.
- Our average rental was €2,225 per month.
- 78% of our tenants are working in the technology sector.
- 29% of our tenants were Indian, working in companies such as Amazon and Salesforce.