After a surprisingly busy December our transactional data shows our average selling prices were 2% over asking prices compared to +1.6% in November. Our average selling price was €490,792/€596 per sq. ft.
First time buyers were our most active buyer, and they accounted for 91% of our owner occupier buyers. We saw reduced demand from investors who accounted for only 8% of our buyers, the lowest figure we have ever recorded. 42% of our buyers required no mortgage funding i.e. were cash buyers, compared to 20% in November.
In the rental market, our average monthly rental value was €2,514 per month. 80% of our tenants were working in the technology sector, the highest figure for this sector we have recorded.
Key highlights from our December transactional data:
- Our average selling price was €490,792/€596 per sq. ft.
- Average selling prices were 2% above asking prices compared to +1.6% in November.
- 58% of our sales were agreed above asking.
- The average age of our buyers was 35.
- Investors accounted for just 8% of our buyers this month.
- Average household salary was €119,315.