January was a busy and surprisingly positive month with strong enquiries and viewings. Our average selling prices were 6.3% over asking prices, the highest variance we have recorded since April last year. Our average selling price was €444,313 / €679 per sq. ft, the price range first-time buyers are most active, and they accounted for 86% of our owner occupier buyers.
In the rental market, our average monthly rental value was €2,484 per month. 55% of our tenants were working in the technology sector, compared to 80% in December.
Key highlights from our January transactional data:
- Our average selling price was €444,313 / €679 per sq. ft.
- Average selling prices were 6.3% above asking prices.
- 75% of our sales were agreed above asking.
- The average age of our buyers was 36.
- 50% of our buyers were not Irish.