July was an extremely busy month, the busiest July in our 15 year history. We listed 40% more properties than the same period last year and agreed 30% more sales. Given demand didn’t stop, many vendors brought forward the sale of their property that were earmarked for September. Our transactional data shows no signs of the market cooling with selling prices 4.4% above asking prices together with fast selling times at 5.9 weeks. Can this continue into the autumn? Time will tell.
Key points from our July data:
- Our average selling price was €670,838 / €626 per sq. ft.
- Our average selling prices were 4.4% above asking prices.
- Average weeks on market was 5.9 weeks.
- 45% of our buyers required no mortgage funding, compared to 57% in June.
- The average age of our buyers was 44.
- Investors accounted for 20% of our buyers, similar to June at 21%.