May is always a busy month for the Dublin residential market and we saw significant increase in the number of properties coming to market and in turn a big increase in transactions. Data from our transaction confirms May was seller’s market with average selling prices 4.67% above asking.
Key points from our May data:
- Our average selling price was €852,950 / €727 per sq. ft.
- Our average selling prices were 4.67% above asking prices.
- 80% of our buyers required no mortgage funding compared to 50% in April.
- The average age of our buyers was 50 compared to 38 in April.
- There has been an increase in investor activity who accounted for 40% of our buyers compared to 20% in the previous month.
- Our average monthly rent was €3,521, our highest ever recorded.